Strong on Insulin™
WHO: This is a group sponsored by the UCLA Gonda Diabetes Center that is exclusive for individuals with Type 1 diabetes. To become a member, you need to have Type 1 diabetes and just let us know that you want to join the group. You do not need to be affiliated with UCLA to attend. You are welcome to bring one person with you to the group meetings. No children please!
WHY: The mission of the group is to encourage connections.
- The group brings together people with Type 1 diabetes and their significant others in a relaxed and comfortable setting.
- It provides an environment where people can share their experiences, obtain more information about living with diabetes, learn about new technologies, learn about new findings/research and just have fun.
WHEN: The Strong on Insulin™ group usually meets at least every other month on a Monday or a Wednesday (after the second Monday of the month) from 6:30pm to 9:00 pm. The group meetings for the 2013-2014 year are:
- July 10, 2013 - Wednesday at the UCLA Santa Monica Campus
- September 11, 2013 - Wednesday at the UCLA Santa Monica Campus
- November 13, 2013 - Wednesday off campus. Location to be determined
- January 13, 2014 - Monday at the UCLA Santa Monica Campus
- March 10, 2014 - Monday at the UCLA Santa Monica Campus
- May 12, 2014 - Monday at the UCLA Santa Monica Campus
WHERE: The Strong on InsulinTM group usually meets at least every other month. Meetings are usually held at the Santa Monica UCLA campus. Please contact us for the location details.
HOW: To get on the mailing list or learn more about the program, call for more information or to make a reservation to attend one of the meetings (310) 825-7922.