Strong on Insulin™
WHO: This is a group sponsored by the UCLA Gonda Diabetes Center that is exclusive for individuals with Type 1 diabetes. To become a member, you need to have Type 1 diabetes and just let us know that you want to join the group. You are welcome to bring one person with you to the group meetings. No children please!
WHY: The mission of the group is to encourage connections.
- The group brings together people with Type 1 diabetes and their significant others in a relaxed and comfortable setting.
- It provides an environment where people can share their experiences, obtain more information about living with diabetes, learn about new technologies, learn about new findings/research and just have fun.
WHEN: The Strong on Insulin™ group usually meets at least every other month on the Thursday (after the second Monday of the month) from 6:30pm to 8:30pm. The group meetings for the 2012-2013 year are:
- September 10, 2012, Monday at Santa Monica UCLA Medical Center Campus
- November 12, 2012, Monday at Santa Monica UCLA Medical Center Campus
- January 17, 2013, Thursday at the Westwood UCLA Medical Center Campus
- March 14, 2013, Thursday at the Westwood UCLA Medical Center Campus
- May 13, 2013, Monday at the Westwood UCLA Medical Center Campus
WHERE: Please contact Strongoninsulin@gmail.com for the location. There may be other outings and events scheduled on the weekend as part of the group’s activities.
HOW: To get on the mailing list or learn more about the program, contact us at Strongoninsulin@gmail.com or call for more information or to make a reservation to attend one of the meetings (310) 825-7922.