Education is a priority in the fellowship, and fellows will attend several conferences per week to enrich their knowledge. Opportunities include Fellow Didactic conferences, Journal Club, and Case Conferences for fellows to present to both faculty and residents.
Department of Medicine Grand Rounds (RRUMC)
(8:30 - 9:30)
(Noon - 1:00)
(1:00 - 2:30)
Mortality & Morbidity (M&M) Teaching Conference (RRUMC)
(Noon - 1:00)
Larry Hillblom Islet Research Seminar Series
(Noon - 1:00)
Endocrine Case Conference
(4:00 - 5:00)
(5:00 - 5:30)
- Fellows’ Didactics (Gonda Conference Room 547) During this time, attendings from the division and various subspecialties throughout the year will be scheduled to present a topic from the core curriculum to the fellows.
- Diabetes Rounds (Conference Room 547) Discussion of diabetes cases (outpatient and inpatient), update in management of diabetes
- CytoPath Conference (Conference Room 547) During this time, various thyroid FNAs as well as surgical path cases are reviewed with the fellows on microscope heads and the cases are discussed.
- Board Review (Conference Room 547) Run by Drs. Martinez and Van Herle. During this time, board review questions from ESAP are reviewed and discussed.
- Endocrine Case Conference (Fridays, 4:00-5:00 pm, Gonda Conference Room 510-20).
- Guideline Discussion (Wednedays)
- Journal Club (Once monthly on Fridays, 5:00-5:30pm, Gonda Conference Room 510-20).
- Department of Medicine Grand Rounds (Wednesdays, 8:30 - 9:30 am, RRUMC B130).
- Endocrine Grand Rounds (Wednesdays, 12:00 – 1:00 pm, 23-105 CHS) This is a weekly lecture series, which consists of formally presented topics on a variety of clinical and research topics relevant to endocrine, paracrine and autocrine dysfunction of endocrine and metabolic tissues. In addition, disorders of all endocrine glands, including the parathyroids, pituitary, thyroid, pancreas, adrenal, gonads, and endocrine function of the brain, kidney, skin and other “nonendocrine” tissues are discussed. Once per month these rounds address a topic relevant to pediatric endocrinology.
- Mortality & Morbidity (M&M) Teaching Conference (Every fourth Thursday, 12:00 – 1:00 pm, B-130 RRMC) This is monthly conference held by the Department of Medicine. Each month, the endocrine consult fellow is expected to attend in addition to an additional endocrine fellow who is not on consult service to represent the Division of Endocrinology.
- Larry Hillblom Islet Research Center Seminar Series (Fridays 12:00pm to 1:00 pm at the Larry Hillblom Islet Research Center, speakers TBA)
- Pituitary Conference (Monthly; Wednesdays 1-2pm, RRMC Conference Room 6238) Multidisciplinary conference, (Endocrinology, Neurosurgery, Radiology, Pathology), where interesting pituitary cases are reviewed and discussed and fellows present key learning issues related to cases.